5 Days Bwindi Gorilla & Volcanoes Golden Monkey Safari
5 Days Bwindi Gorilla & Volcanoes Golden Monkey Safari is a trip starting from and ending in Kigali city the capital of Rwanda also referred to as the land of a thousand hills and also involves engaging in various activities such as a city tour, gorilla trekking, golden monkey trekking, a community visit to Iby’iwacu village as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of the 5 Days Bwindi Gorilla & Volcanoes Golden Monkey Safari
- Day 1; pick up and drive to Bwindi national park
- Day 2; gorilla trekking
- Day 3; drive to Volcanoes national park
- Day 4; golden monkey trekking
- Day 5; drive to Kigali
Day 1; pick up and drive to Bwindi national park
- pick up and drive to Bwindi: You will be picked up from the airport by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about your safari. After the briefing, you will have a brief city tour around Kigali as you continue your journey to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park through the Katuna border. You will proceed to your lodge in the national park where you will check in at your lodge as you prepare to have dinner and overnight at Buhoma lodge.
Day 2; gorilla trekking
- gorilla trekking: Breakfast will be served at your lodge in Bwindi national park as you prepare for your gorilla trekking activity. Your guide will drive you to the park headquarters where you will be briefed about gorilla trekking. With your ranger guide, you will proceed into the forest as you search for the gorillas taking about 2 to 8 hours in the forest. You will spend about 1 hour with the gorillas and then return to the briefing point where you will be met by your guide and then drive back to your lodge. In the evening, there is an OPTIONAL community visit to interact with the local community and get to know about their way of life then return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Buhoma lodge.
Day 3; drive to Volcanoes national park
- drive to Volcanoes: After breakfast at your lodge in Bwindi national park, you will check out of the lodge and your guide will drive you to the border of Rwanda at Cyanika border and then you will continue to Volcanoes national park.
- Community Visit: You will proceed to your lodge as you prepare to have lunch after checking in. there is an optional community visit to Iby’iwacu village to interact with the local community to get to know more about the Kinyarwanda culture. You will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Volcanoes gorilla lodge.
Day 4; golden monkey trekking
- golden monkey trekking: On day 4 of your safari, you will have breakfast early at your lodge as you prepare to engage in golden monkey trekking. You will have a briefing at the park headquarters about the activity by the park officials. You will proceed into the forest to search for the golden monkeys for about 2 to 5 hours. During the golden trekking activity, you will also see other primates in the forest like red tailed monkeys, vervet monkeys as you enjoy the sounds of birds around the forest. You will spend about 1 hour with the golden monkeys before returning to the briefing point where your guide will meet you and drive you back to your lodge. Dinner and overnight will be at Volcanoes gorilla lodge.
Day 5; drive to Kigali
- drive to Kigali: After breakfast and checking out of your lodge in Volcanoes national park, you will proceed to Kigali city where you will engage in a city tour to attractions such as Kimironko market and Kigali genocide memorial and after this experience, you will be driven to the airport or a location of your reference in Kigali which will mark the end of your trip.
End of the 5 Days Bwindi Gorilla & Volcanoes Golden Monkey Safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide / driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities