5 Days Nyiragongo hike and Bwindi Gorilla safari
5 Days Nyiragongo hike and Bwindi Gorilla safari is a trip to Uganda and Congo for a variety of activities such as a hiking experience on Mt Nyiragongo and a gorilla trekking adventure in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park as well as a city tour in Kigali as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of the 5 Days Nyiragongo hike and Bwindi Gorilla safari
- Day 1; Pick up and drive to Gisenyi
- Day 2; Nyiragongo hike
- Day 3; descending Nyiragongo and drive to Bwindi national park
- Day 4; gorilla trekking
- Day 5; drive to Kigali
Day 1; Pick up and drive to Gisenyi
- Pick up: You will be picked up from the airport by your guide who will welcome you and also brief you about your safari. You will proceed for a brief city tour around Kigali which is the capital city of Rwanda to attractions such as the Kimironko market and also Kigali memorial site.
- Drive to Gisenyi: You will have lunch from Kigali on the 1st day of your safari as you enjoy the amazing views around the city and after this, you will continue your drive to Gisenyi where you will spend the rest of the evening at leisure as you prepare for dinner and overnight at Paradise Malahide resort.
Day 2; Nyiragongo hike
- Nyiragongo hike: You will wake up early in the morning at your lodge and have breakfast as you prepare to cross to the Congo border. You will check-in at the tourism border at the Grand Barrier to get a volcano permit after which you will proceed to Bukima where you will begin your hike up Mount Nyiragongo which has the world’s largest Crater Lake. You will hike up to the summit where you will spend the night and also enjoy viewing the lava lake.
Day 3; Descending Nyiragongo and drive to Bwindi national park
- Descending Nyiragongo and drive to Bwindi: After your experience on Nyiragongo Mountain, you will descend and return to Bukima post and then you will continue your journey to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park for more experiences in the south western part of Uganda. You will drive to Rwanda and then continue your journey to Uganda. You will continue to your lodge for check in as you prepare to have dinner and overnight at Bakiga lodge.
Day 4; Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: You will have breakfast at your lodge early in the morning as you prepare to have a drive to the park headquarters in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park. You will be briefed about your gorilla trekking activity by the park officials before you go into the forest to search for the gorillas in their natural habitat. During your gorilla trekking activity in the impenetrable forest, you will enjoy seeing other primates among the trees such as black and white colobus monkeys and vervet monkeys as well as different bird and butterfly species. You will spend about 1 hour with the gorillas before trekking back to the briefing point where your guide will be waiting to drive you back to your lodge. There is an optional community walk which you may engage in later in the evening after the gorilla trek as you enjoy interacting with the local community and get to know their ways of life. Dinner and overnight will be at Bakiga lodge.
Day 5: Drive to Kigali
- Drive to Kigali: On the last day of your safari, you will have breakfast and then check out of your lodge as you prepare for your drive to Kigali where your guide will drop you off at the airport which will mark the end of your safari.
End of the 5 Days Nyiragongo hike and Bwindi Gorilla safari
- Hiking fees
- Porter fees
- Sleeping bag
- All meals on the safari
- Park entrance fees
- All accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full time English/ French speaking driver/ guide
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Air tickets
- All items of personal nature like laundry, porterage, phone calls, beer, etc
- Anything else not included in the itinerary