Accommodations in Lake Manyara national park
Accommodations in Lake Manyara national park: Where to stay in Lake Manyara national park refers to the different accommodations that visitors or tourists on safari in the national park stay. The national park is located in the northern part of Tanzania near other wildlife viewing destinations such as Tarangire national park, Serengeti national park and the Ngorongoro conservation area.
Tourists visiting Lake Manyara national park can stay at the accommodation facilities such as lodges and hotels which are located both in and outside the national park. This makes it easier for the tourists to choose from the various options of hotels and lodges to stay at during their safaris.
The strategic location of Lake Manyara national park close to Arusha also makes it convenient due to the little drive time during a safari hence leading to the fact that the tourists get to relax in the comfort of their lodges and also enjoy the views around the national park.
There are different terms for booking in the many accommodation facilities around Lake Manyara national park and they include check in and check out of the lodge. The time for check in varies depending on the lodges or hotels and check out is usually on the last day of staying at the accommodation.
Meals that are served at the lodges and hotels in Lake Manyara national park are on full board and half board basis. These meals include breakfast, lunch as well as dinner served for guests staying at the lodges or hotels in the national park.
The accommodations in Lake Manyara national park also offer activities for their guests to engage in during their stay at the lodges or hotels. These activities include the following;
- Game drives are among the activities that guests staying at some of the accommodations in Lake Manyara national park enjoy. These game drives are carried out in the company of a guide who provides all the information during the game drives that take place at different times of day such as in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening. During the morning game drives, as the guests enjoy the sunrise and the amazing scenery in the national park, different wildlife species such as elephants, tree climbing lions, warthogs, cheetahs, gazelles, impalas, klipspringers, hippos among others are also easy to spot in the national park since they are very active in the morning as compared to the afternoon and evening.
- Nature walks are another unique form of wildlife viewing which guests staying in the accommodations in Lake Manyara national park engage in. These nature walks are guided and involve exploring the beautiful and diverse scenery and landscape of the national park on foot.
- Community visits involve visiting the Maasai villages such as Mto wa Mbu where guests staying in the accommodations in lake Manyara national park interact with the locals and get to know more about their way of life and engage in activities such as visiting the traditional homesteads of the Maasai known as “manyattas”, joining in on the traditional dance performances, listening to folk stories among others.
- Honeymoon excursions are also organized for guests staying at the lodges and other accommodation facilities in Lake Manyara national park. These packages are usually organized upon request to the lodges or camp management and can be organized to suit the preferences of the guests.
- Bush dinners can also be organized by the lodges and camps where guests visiting Lake Manyara national park stay during their safaris. The accommodation facilities organize these dinners and guests enjoy the sunset while feasting on their special meals prepared by the skilled chefs at the lodges and camps in the national park.
Payment for rooms at the accommodations such as camps or lodges in Lake Manyara national park can be made by the visitor directly or by a tour operator who organizes a safari to the national park on behalf of a client.
Rooms at the accommodation facilities in Lake Manyara national park such as lodges are booking in advance. The advance booking of rooms is done by making payments for the rooms that can be a full payment of a deposit.
Booking rooms in advance ensures proper preparation and prevents issues that arise due to overbooking and under booking the rooms at the different accommodations in Lake Manyara national park.
There are different seasons for making bookings at the accommodation facilities in Lake Manyara national park and they include the peak season, high season and low season. During the high and peak seasons, the lodges are fully booked and many tourists can be seen in the national park and the prices of the lodges are high. The low season in comparison is characterized by few tourists in the national park and low subsidized prices at the lodges.
Service providers at the accommodation facilities in Lake Manyara national park lodges also consists of local community which is a way of giving back to the locals since they get to benefit from tourism through employment.
There are various types of accommodation in Lake Manyara national park and they include budget accommodation, midrange accommodation and luxury accommodation;
- Luxury accommodation
Luxury accommodation is also referred to as up end accommodations and they include the following;
Lake Manyara Sopa lodge, Lake Manyara Serena lodge, Lake Manyara Kilimamoja lodge, Acacia farm lodge, and beyond Lake Manyara tree lodge, Manyara wildlife safari camp among others.
- Midrange accommodation
Midrange accommodations in Lake Manyara national park include the following;
Lake Manyara Tortilis camp, Twiga lodge, Kirurumu tented lodge, Lake Manyara wildlife lodge, Escarpment lodge, Migunga tented camp among others.
- Budget accommodation
Budget accommodation is also known as basic accommodations and they include the following;
Nsya lodge, Jambo rooms, Eco bama camp, Haven nature camp and lodge among others.
Types of rooms at the accommodation facilities in Lake Manyara national park include single rooms, double rooms, twin rooms, suites as well as family cottages. These rooms are equipped with facilities such as showers, toilets as well as cozy and comfortable decors.
General facilities in the accommodations in Lake Manyara national park include restaurants, bars, swimming pools, parking space, comfortable rooms, laundry services among others amenities to be enjoyed by the guests staying at the lodges.
Tourists can also choose camping as an option of accommodation during their stay in Lake Manyara national park. There are different camp sites at this destination and they include both public and private campsites around the national park.
Enjoy the comfort of sleeping and dining at the finest accommodations in the paradise of the tree climbing lions as you visit Lake Manyara national park.